IFIRE.org

IFIRE Announcements and Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NW Indiana man fasts for amnesty
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

COMMENTARY:
During the recent partial government shutdown, our National Mall was used for an immigration rally for amnesty.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/park-serv ... le/2536908
At the same time, the open air war memorials in DC were barricaded to prevent veterans from visiting them.

Now, “fasters” supporting amnesty have been welcomed to set up a tent on the National Mall where they were visited by the POTUS and FLOTUS for a photo-op.

The following story from the NW Indiana Times, focuses on Rudy Lopez who lives in East Chicago, Indiana. He is quoted as saying, "My house has always been a port of entry for many family members who have come here undocumented looking for a new life," he said.

He has many cousins. The article states that one died while illegally crossing the border. Another cousin voluntarily separated himself from his family when he left his pregnant wife behind in order to illegally enter the USA. He has never gone home.

Another interesting part of this article is that Celina Weatherwax now works for Democrat Congressman Pete Visclosky. She used to work for Sen. Dick Lugar-R and was, herself, active in the Republican Party in NW Indiana.

Do you think Rudy Lopez might be related to Congressman Visclosky’s current chief of staff, Mark Lopez? Cousins, perhaps?

Does anyone think the president is giving aid and comfort to the enemy (illegal aliens) by physically visiting and verbally encouraging them? See the definition of treason at the bottom of this post.

ARTICLE:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... 2cd22.html

NWI man fasting for immigration reform

PHOTO CAPTION:
Rudy Lopez, next to first lady Michelle Obama, met with President Barack Obama along with other Fast for Families members Friday in a tent on the National Mall. Lopez, of East Chicago, has been fasting for 10 days as part of an effort to push for immigration reform.

November 30, 2013 11:01 am • Lauri Harvey Keagle lauri.keagle@nwi.com, (219) 852-4311

WASHINGTON | An East Chicago community organizer fasting for immigration reform on the National Mall had a visit from the president and first lady, who shared their support.
"It was great to have them there," Rudy Lopez, 43, said via phone from the Washington, D.C. site. "We had a chance to sit with them there and share our stories."

Lopez was on his 10th day Saturday of the demonstration with Fast For Families, a group only drinking water in protest of a lack of immigration reform. The group is only drinking water. Some have been fasting for 19 days.

The White House issued a statement after the 40-minute visit in which the President Barack Obama thanked the Fast for Families group "for their sacrifice and dedication and told them that the country is behind them on immigration reform."

Lopez said the concern of the Obamas for the demonstrators' health and cause was evident.

"The first lady came back and embraced every one of us," Lopez said. "I really felt her warmth and concern."

Lopez knows first-hand the impact immigration can have on families.

"My house has always been a port of entry for many family members who have come here undocumented looking for a new life," he said.
I
n 2005, his cousin planned to come to Houston, where he had a job waiting for him, Lopez said. The cousin hired a human smuggler to get him across the border and fell ill on the journey, Lopez said.

Lopez said the smuggler left his cousin with a gallon of water and a promise to return for him.

"I received a call from his wife, who hadn't heard from him," Lopez said.

Lopez made calls trying to see where his cousin might be. Ten days later, he said he received an early morning call saying his cousin's skeletal remains were found by rangers near the border.

"Every day, people are dying crossing the border," Lopez said.

Another cousin came to the U.S. when his wife was pregnant with their son and has not been home to see them since, Lopez said.

"I feel partly responsible because I keep telling him to hold out hope we'll get reform soon, and I've been telling him that for years now," Lopez said.

Lopez said he spoke to his mother in East Chicago on Saturday, who is "very concerned" about his health.

"We have a nurse with us 24 hours a day, and a doctor comes and checks on us regularly," he said.

Lopez said organizers are asking House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, to take action on immigration reform. Boehner said he will not schedule a vote on the immigration measure passed this summer by the Senate.

Lopez is urging his congressman, U.S. Rep. Pete Visclosky, D-Merrillville, to act as well.
"Congressman Visclosky, whom I really like and support, I really encourage him to support HR 15," Lopez said. "He's one of the few Democrats who hasn't signed onto it as a co-sponsor, and we're counting on him to take a stand."

Celina Weatherwax, spokeswoman for Visclosky, declined comment Saturday.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A3Sec3.html
U.S. Constitution - Article 3 Section 3
Article 3 - The Judicial Branch
Section 3 – Treason

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.