IFIRE.org

IFIRE Announcements and Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need your comments please!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 pm 

http://progressillinois.com/posts/content/2010/04/08/edgar-urges-business-leaders-support-immigration-reform

"Former Republican Gov. Jim Edgar advised the Illinois business community -- as well as the state's GOP politicians -- to get behind comprehensive immigration reform."

snip~
Quote:
"There is no doubt in my mind," said former Gov. Jim Edgar this morning, "that the immigrant community brought a vitality to the Illinois economy. Often when I would be out and about, visiting the various communities, I would meet with recent immigrants and I would see their enthusiasm to move ahead, to be successful, to work, to raise a family -- all those things that are vital to having a strong economy here in Illinois."

Edgar's remarks came during his keynote address at the launch of the newly-formed Illinois Business Immigration Coalition, an iniative spearheaded by the Illinois Coailition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. The coalition includes over 200 businesses that "support comprehensive immigration reform that legalizes the current undocumented workforce, creates new legal channels for future foreign workers and implements smart and effective enforcement measures."

Before Edgar took the podium, various other business leaders voiced their support for reform at the national level. "Sound immigration policy is critical to the health of this economy and our industry," said Sheila O'Grady, president of the Illinois Restaurant Association. "Immigration reform means more consumer spending," added Omar Duque, who heads the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. "Immigration reform means more tax revenue. And it needs to happen now -- not next year, not after 2010 -- it needs to happen now."
~snip

Illinois is leading the charge for immigration reform. We have got to stop this dead in it's tracks!!!!!

Please post comments to this article!!!!
Thanks!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Need your comments please!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm 

At present time Democrats are trying to spin their message on illegal immigration to make them appear tougher and for enforcement.They know their past message wasn't working with voters.

I would say to any Republicans that if they start crying for comprehensive immigration,we might as well keep the Democrats in office.It seems to me that while democrats are trying to sound tough on immigration,if republicans start going soft it will send the wrong message and harm any Republican seeking office in November or future races.Americas voters want politicians to stand for what their constituents want and is good for our Country.The majority want our immigration laws enforced,our borders secured and NO AMNESTY under any disguise.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Need your comments please!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 pm 

Didn't they already try this back in 1986? That got us where we are at now. More illegals.

Profile E-mail